Dallas Stars @ Los Angeles Kings
Saturday April 5, 3:00 P.M CT
Focus, that needs to be the motto for the Stars today. Dallas (38-27-11, 87 points), has lost seven of their last eight games and were mauled in their previous matchup against the San Jose Sharks by a 6-0 score. The Stars, who sit in 10th place, head to Los Angeles today to face the 5th place Kings (44-27-6, 94 points).
The Kings have also been streaking, going 7-2-1 in their last ten games but Dallas catches a bit of a break as LA will be missing two of its’ best offensive players in Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams. The Stars will have to concentrate on stopping Dustin Brown, Jack Johnson and Dustin Pennar. The Kings have a 3-1-0 record since losing both players, but lost their last game against Vancouver 3-1.
At the moment, Dallas is five points behind Chicago for the 8th seed in the playoffs and still mathematically have a chance to overtake them. However, the recent string of losses have torpedoed the Stars chances. Only two of the top ten seeds of the Western Conference have losing records in their last ten games, Dallas and Calgary.
About the Stars:
- Kari Lehtonen will make another start in this game, his 18th straight. He has a 2-3-0 record against the Kings this season with a 2.98 goals-against average and a 88% save percentage.
- Dallas will once again be without the services of Adam Burrish (leg), Nick Grossman (back) and Brian Sutherby (knee). There is a chance that Karlis Skrastins could play.
- Dallas is 2-3 against the Kings this year.
About the Kings:
- Jonathan Quick will be the Kings goaltender. He is 3-0-0 against the Stars this season, allowing five goals in those games.
- Los Angeles will be without the services of Anze Kopitar, who recently tore ligaments in his ankle. He has not scored against the Stars this season, but he has collected seven assists in the season series. Kopitar is the Kings leader in points, assists and +/-.
- The Kings are also without Justin Williams, who has 4 goals and 2 assists in the series. He had at least one point in each game against the Stars this season.
- Leading goalscorer Dustin Brown has two goals against the Stars, both coming in the first two games in the series.
- Defenseman Jack Johnson is pointless in his last nine games. Winger Dustin Pennar is pointless in his last seven and Dustin Brown had a three game multi-point streak broken in their last game against Vancouver.
|Game 1 at Dallas||Dallas – 2||LA – 5|
|Game 2 at LA||Dallas – 1||LA – 3|
|Game 3 at Dallas||Dallas – 2||LA – 1|
|Game 4 at LA (Overtime)||Dallas – 4||LA – 3|
|Game 5 at Dallas||Dallas – 2||LA – 3|
|Shots on Goal Per Game||26.4||26|
|Penalty Minutes Per Game||19.4||17.8|
|Power Play||3 for 22 (14%)||4 for 20 (20%)|
|Last 10 Games||2-4-4||7-2-1|