Final OT Ducks 4 – Stars 3
1st Period – No Goals
0:56 Lubomir Visnovsky (15) (Power Play) Stars 0 – Ducks 1
Assists: Ryan Getzlaf, Cam Fowler
9:57 Alex Goligoski (12) (Power Play) Stars 1 – Ducks 1
Assists: Mike Ribeiro, Brad Richards
4:29 Loui Eriksson (24) Stars 2 – Ducks 1
Assists: Jamie Langenbrunner, Brad Richards
4:40 Corey Perry (40) Stars 2 – Ducks 2
Assists: Bobby Ryan
13:21 Trevor Daley (8) Stars 3 – Ducks 2
Assists: Mike Ribeiro, Steve Ott
19:53 Teemu Selanne (23) Stars 3 – Ducks 3
Assists: Saku Koivu, Lubomir Visnovsky
1:42 Cam Fowler (8) Stars 3 – Ducks 4
Assists: Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf
Wow, what can I say about this loss. This is like getting a new PS3 for Christmas, only to wake up the next morning and find it stolen. The Stars absolutely needed this win and were seconds away from it. To lose that lead and the game in a matter of seconds just compunds all of it into a mess of agony. The crowd was all riled up and ready to celebrate a huge win and left 5 minutes later like they had just been to a funeral. The climb only gets tougher from now on for Dallas. They need to rebound in their next game against Nashville or else it’s very likely that they won’t make the playoffs.
- Another lackluster start from the Stars. That makes 8 of the last 10 games where they have gone into the 1st intermission either behind or tied with the opponent. In 6 of those 8 games, they failed to score a goal in the 1st. Aside from their one powerplay, there were very little scoring chances in the 1st period in this game.
- Brad Lukowich played 9:36 minutes of ice time today in what might be the most invisible game I can remember in a while. I’m not sure if it’s good or bad that his name barely mentioned, but he had an pretty good game with one shot on goal and one blocked shot while getting a +1 rating. It’s nice at least that he didn’t make a glaring mistake.
- Fistric was solid again in his ice time doing what he’s known for. He had 6 hits, including one huge crowd pleaser when he crushed Dan Sexton. He needs to get way more playing time in the upcoming games
- Loui didn’t miss a beat in his return from concussion-like symptoms. He was aggresive as usual and kept finding the puck on his stick. Good to see him so active again.
- Dallas just can’t finish off games. They let in another last minute game tying or losing goal for the fourth time in 11 games. They have ended up losing three of those games which has cost them an enormous three points. Two of those losses were against Anaheim and one against LA.
- Lubomir Visnovsky is absolutely destroying the Stars. In five games against the Stars this season, he has 4 goals, 10 points and a +7 rating.
- Game winning goal scorer Cam Fowler could have been a Dallas Star. In the 2010 NHL Draft, he was taken with the 12th pick by Anaheim. Dallas had the 11th pick and took goalie Jack Campbell, who is the goalie for the U.S Under-18 National Team. Hopefully he lives up to his potential because the Stars could’ve really used a guy like Fowler.
- A very weird passing night for Dallas. They were either overpassing, which led to zero-angle shots or blocked/stolen passes or they were off-sync and couldn’t find the accuracy to hit open guys.
- San Jose beat Calgary 6-3 so Dallas stays one point ahead of Calgary, one point behind Anaheim.